To train Medical Technologists to be proficient in testing/screening for HIV and other Transfusion Transmissible Infections.
Competencies being acquired
- Proper donor selection and interview
- Demonstration of basic biosafety principles
- Proper pipetting technique
- Testing blood using rapid test kits, rapid plasma reagin, particle agglutination and enzyme immunoassay
- Validation of test results
- Detection of malaria parasites in a blood
- Employment of principles of quality assurance and quality control
Number of Days:
Schedule of Training
Schedule for the 2020 training workshops are currently suspended until further notice.
Reservation is on a first-come-first-served basis
Licensed Medical Technologists working in a Blood Service Facility
Unit conducting the training
(02) 8807-2631, 32, 37 Local 229
For more information, please visit our Learning and Development Information System.
Click here to view details on the Refresher Course.