This internship program aims to:
- 1. Enable students to be familiar with the professional and administrative functions of a hospital pharmacist;
2. Provide intern pharmacist with the opportunity to acquire clinical experience, develop professional judgement and gain confidence in communication with patients and physicians.
Competencies being acquired
- 1.Hospital Pharmacy Administration & Management
- 1.1 Organization of the Pharmacy
1.2 Administrative Policies/Professional Policies
- • Over all requirements for Affiliations
• Scheduling of duties, required # of hours per day, number of interns per batch
• Licenses requirements
• Function of the Department
• Inter department relation in the application of professional duties.
2. Drug Distribution & Control
- 2.1 General Dispensing
- 2.1.1 Safe practice, policies & procedure involving prescription of Animal Bite clinic, ARV Drugs, Standard List of Drugs & Medicines
- • Adverse Drug Reaction
• The Unit Dose Drug Distribution System
2.1.2 Packaging, labelling storage & maintenance of Drugs & Medicines, Supplies & Materials
- • Stability of Drugs & Meds.
• Drug Storage/security/ control
• Cold chain monitoring.
• Repacking/Refilling of stocks for Drugs & Medicines.
- 3.1 Compounding of Galenicals
3.2 Compounding of small volume, Dermatological preparation not available commercially.
4. Drug Information
5. Computation/ Interpretation of Rx.
• CRD-CME Hour (optional)
• Other related Topics.
Number of Days:
Major Internship = 360 hours
Minor Internship = 2 hours
Major Internship = P500
Minor Internship = P300
Unit conducting the training
Imelda Q. Villaraza, RPh: email@example.com
Joycelyn G. Dacumos, RPh: firstname.lastname@example.org
(02) 807-2631/32/37 loc. 205